Magic Leap is looking for an Audio Generalist in Dania Beach, Florida. Feel like you are the right person?
“Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.” – Magic Leap
Magic Leap’s content teams are creating an entirely new generation of experiences that can only be found here. By bringing realistic visuals directly into the user’s world and combining them with 3D audio of the highest quality, we can achieve what people have long dreamed of, but have never been able to see realized. Working with teams of experts across multiple disciplines, you will be able to leverage your audio knowledge to guide the creative process from start to finish and make something truly different.
A Magic Leap Audio Generalist is a well-rounded professional capable of doing everything necessary to sonify an interactive experience. From working with producers and collaborators to conceptualizing the audio direction; recording and directing dialogue; conceiving and creating music; creating and gathering sound effects; and integrating it all into a realistic, effective and compelling interactive audio environment. The ideal candidate embraces the technical challenges that arise at the cutting edge of a new frontier in computing.
Applicants should provide an audio design reel showing in-game footage containing 100% original sound/music. Please include with your application a link to your portfolio of music compositions and / or sound design.
- Responsible for Music, Dialog, Sound effects, Sound Design
- Write, record, produce, mix, integrate
- Record, produce, edit, mix, integrate
- Sound Effects
- Conduct field recordings to gather source material
- Edit Sound Effects
- Maintain Magic Leap’s sound library
- Sound Design
- Design overall soundscape for
- –>Interactive media (games and other experiences)
- –>Linear (short films, storyboards, animatics, etc.)
- Use game audio middleware (FMOD, Wwise, Fabric, etc.) to implement sound and music into interactive Mixed Reality experiences
- 5+ years of audio recording, processing and mixing skills
- 5+ years of industry-related game audio experience
- Understanding of and familiarity with 3D specialized audio
- Mastery of current pro audio tools (digital audio workstations, microphones, outboard gear)
- Expertise with current game engines (Unity/Unreal) as well as middleware (listed above)
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Programming/scripting skills is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Interested? Click HERE to apply online.