Amazon Game Studios are looking to pick up an Audio Designer to develop AAA games that harness the power of AWS, Lumberyard and Wwise. This position is located in Irvine, CA. Sounds good?
“Last year we announced Breakaway, a team battle sport that delivers fast action, competition, and teamwork. Our goals are to continually create compelling content for our customers, and give them a rich universe to engage. Will you be a part of crafting that universe?
If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
We are seeking a talented Audio Designer to join the Breakaway team. In this role you will work with the audio team to strive for top quality sound design and implementation. You will work highly independently to collaborate with character designers, animators, and programmers creating compelling soundscapes and effects ranging from characters, environments, videos, and more. Leverage your technical and creative audio skills on a unique and enthusiastic team.” – Amazon Game Studios
- You must have been an Audio Designer within the games industry for 2+ years with at least 1+ complete cycle of a shipped AAA title
- Create, edit and implement high quality in-game sound effects
- Test all aspects of the game audio to ensure in-game playback is fit for commercial release
- Self-driven to expand on tasks and find ways to push quality
- Work with the production team to set clear timelines, and work to deliver on commitments
- Provide well thought out feedback and constructive criticism that furthers the audio experience game quality
- A great ear for quality and high level of sound design standard
- 4+ Years experience in sound designer role
- At least 1 or 2 previously shipped AAA titles
- Professional experience with Pro Tools for Sound Design and Mixing
- Experience Implementing Audio with strong understanding of audio Pipelines
- Expert knowledge of field and studio recording
- Ability to multitask and handle a variety of tasks with foresight of schedule
- Strong collaborator, with excellent organizational skills.
- A passion for video games and the role that audio plays in player experience
- Experience with Lumberyard game engine
- Experience with Wwise
- Scripting experience in Lua, XML
- Multiplayer experience a plus
If you’re interested, please apply here.
Amazon has just released its own game engine, Lumberyard. Check out: