Hexany Audio is hiring a Technical Sound Designer. This is a full-time in-house position at their new studio in LA.
This is what they write:
As a Technical Sound Designer at Hexany, your role will be extremely technical (no, really?), creative, and collaborative. If you love designing sounds in a DAW though, this job isn’t for you. While you may get to do this on rare occasion, this role leans much more heavily toward the audio programming spectrum of the field. The majority of your time will be spent working in audio middleware and game engines implementing and mixing content designed by the rest of the team alongside our other Technical Sound Designer.
You are responsible for making assets sound awesome in our games, so your role is critical to the success of our projects. We work extensively with Wwise, so experience using it is an absolute must. You should also be a technical computer ninja fluent in multiple scripting languages and comfortable with blueprints in Unreal. Ideally you’re also proficient in at least one programming language, preferably C++.
- Setting up Perforce and Git repos for new projects
- Setting up Wwise in new projects we’re working on in various engines
- Implementing sound and music like a pro in Wwise
- Integrating sound and music direct in-engine (Unity, UE4, Lumberyard, etc.)
- Scripting creative solutions to audio problems using C# in Unity, Blueprints in Unreal, etc.
- Mixing our games in-middleware & in-engine using your great aural aesthetic sense
- Building internal audio tools to support our workflows
- 1+ years experience working in game development
- Extremely proficient with Wwise in Unreal and Unity
- Extremely proficient with audio integration in Unity and UE4 native audio systems
- Very proficient with Perforce and Git (and optionally SVN)
- Experience scripting in C#
- Basic experience programming in C++
- Strong attention to detail and great organizational skills
- A team-player mentality and the ability to take direction and constructive criticism from project leads
- Experience designing sounds in Pro Tools
- Experience with DSP programming
- Experience creating audio plugins with JUCE
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include 19TSD in the subject.
To apply, please follow the button below.