Obsidian Entertainment Inc is looking for a creative Sound Designer with the capability to design and implement assets, manage entire projects, and specialize in key audio systems.
Over the course of our 15 years in the industry, Obsidian has sold millions of units, won a ton of awards, and – above all – they’ve always put our players first in every decision they’ve made. Their titles require rich and detailed soundscapes that tell a story as well as empower and move the player. That’s where you come in. The Sound Designer will work closely with the audio and development teams to plan, design, and integrate high quality, engaging sound effects from the conceptual stage all the way through to polished engine integration on their current project, The Outer Worlds.
- Research, create, implement, mix, and master quality sound effects for a wide variety of gameplay systems using Wwise and Unreal 4
- Drive forward initiatives from concept through to completion
- Actively seek ways to improve audio tools and workflow pipelines
- Work closely with the Audio Director, Audio Lead, and strike team leads to meet or exceed project goals
- Field record new assets and sound effects
- Edit and process voice over and music
- Experience optimizing audio performance on PC and consoles
- 1-2 years of experience working in the game industry
- 1 shipped game as a Sound Designer or Audio QA
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Great foundational sound design skills
- The ability to establish clear creative intentions through research, references, and documentation
- Must be friendly, assertive, and open-minded to foster a positive work environment through comradery and collaboration
- Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant studies such as Audio Engineering
- Post-production experience in other audio related fields such as television or film
- Experience using Wwise, FMOD, Unity, and/or Unreal 4
- A lifelong gamer with a passion for role playing games and interactive storytelling
Simply apply via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Sound Designer” in the subject line.