“Amazon is all in on games.
If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us at Amazon Games Orange County, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon eCommerce, Lumberyard and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
The New World team is looking for a Sound Designer to drive the realistic and supernatural audio content of the game. In this role you will work with the audio team to strive for top quality sound design and implementation. You will work highly independently to collaborate with character designers, animators, visual effect artists and programmers creating compelling soundscapes and effects ranging from characters, environments, videos, and more. Leverage your technical and creative audio skills on a unique and enthusiastic team.
· Create, edit and implement high quality in-game sound effects.
· Test all aspects of the game audio to ensure in-game playback is flawless.
· Self-driven to expand on tasks and find ways to push quality.
· Work with the production team to set clear timelines, and work to deliver on commitments.
· Provide well thought-out feedback and constructive criticism that furthers the audio experience game quality.
· 1+ years experience in sound designer role.
· 1+ shipped AAA title.
· 1+ years experience implementing audio with strong understanding of audio pipelines.
· 1+ years experience with field and studio recording.
· Experience with any commercial video game engine (Lumberyard, Unreal, Unity etc.)
· Experience with Wwise.
· Scripting experience in LUA, C# or any visual scripting system.
· Massive Multiplayer Online experience a plus.
· A passion for video games and the role that audio plays in player experience.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation”