Frontier is looking for an experienced and talented Senior Audio Designer to join their growing audio team in Cambridge, UK. Interested?
“Frontier Developments plc is a developer and creator of best in class computer and video games. Frontier publishes its own IP, Elite: Dangerous, Planet Coaster and the recently released Jurassic World Evolution.
Frontier is looking for an experienced and talented Senior Audio Designer to join our growing audio team in Cambridge, UK. You will become a key member of the audio team, delivering world-class audio to millions of players worldwide.
We make full use of audio to convey story, context and emotion in a compelling way – it’s a vital part of creating successful games. We are currently looking for an experienced Audio Designer to join our growing Audio team who has the talent to create original and inventive sound design.” – Frontier Developments
Key Skills and Responsibilities
- You have worked on console and/or PC titles that demonstrate excellence in audio
- Experience creating sound effects using custom recordings and library material to generate highly original audio
- Experience using audio middleware (Wwise) and custom built audio implementation solutions
- High level of ability and familiarity with DAWs such as Reaper and the integrated use of plug-ins and virtual instruments.
- A solid knowledge of recording techniques, microphone placement, foley sound creation and on-location recording
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability as a team player; who can bring energy and momentum into a team.
- Have a passion for audio and drive to make our games sound great.
- A qualification in music tech/sound design or a related field.
“The successful applicant will possess the ability to hit the ground running and demonstrate a broad knowledge of both computer game audio issues and sound design methods, will have experience with sound production tools and game audio engines, and will be a pro-active communicator with a passion for games and interactive audio.
We are unfortunately not looking for applicants who wish to work from home, or on a freelance basis.
Please provide a link to your show-reel highlighting no more than five projects / examples of work you feel best exemplify your design approach, plus your CV. Work should be sent digitally as a link or a PDF.” – Frontier Development