This is what they write:
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join the highly accomplished, multi award-winning Total War audio department as a Lead Sound Designer. In this role, you will lead and oversee the sound design efforts across varied exciting projects, working with our audio director and team of sound designers, technicians and programmers to deliver an outstanding audio experience for the Total War titles developed in-house at the studio.
This exciting new role will see you leading a team of sound designers to achieve excellence with their productions. You will communicate and assist in implementing the audio direction while overseeing and taking responsibility for the scoping, resourcing, mentoring and output of your team. You will be involved in a wide range of activities above and beyond asset production, supporting the Audio Director with new strategies, content and technical specifications, reviews of your direct reports, planning and scheduling your teams work across assigned project.
You will Integrate and mix audio content into games using in-house tools and other 3rd party software and liaise with internal quality assurance staff and Development Managers to ensure all aspects of your teams’ content is fully tested.
- HND in Sound Engineering (or above) or relevant in-house game audio experience.
- Experience in a leadership role as a sound designer in a games development team/studio.
- Ability to work pragmatically and multi-task projects; be able to plan and schedule sound design efforts while remaining quality focused adhering to deadlines.
- Pro-active problem solver, highly organised and solution focused with excellent communication skills and the ability to relay approach and project direction to the team
- Experience in leading and mentoring sound designers, providing feedback and allowing for career progression
- High level of technical standards with the ability to plan and deliver whole systems while being quick to master new in-house tools and software for integrating/mixing content.
- Experienced with the Wwise audio engine
- Excellent showreel demonstrating excellence and creativity with sound design
- Experience working on shipped AAA titles
- ProTools 10 or above experience to advanced level
- Comfortable programming software or hardware synthesizers
- Professional location and studio-based sound effects recording experience and are comfortable planning the same.
- Ability to track lay and mix audio to linear footage to commercial standards.
- Possess a full valid driving licence
- Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality – Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus – We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork – We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect – Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust – Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.