This is what they write:
Are you the passionate sound designer with experience of game audio who will join our expanding audio team for The Division 2 at Massive? We’re looking for an experienced sound designer and proficient Wwise-user, used to combining sound and technology to communicate ideas and feelings to contribute to the development of the immersive worlds we’re known for. Our ideal candidate is a professional sound designer who have experience with all aspects of the audio process, and to whom the complex nature of game audio has become a second nature.
As a sound designer you will work closely with the audio team and other departments, to create, mix and implement sound assets for the amazing world of Tom Clancy’s The Division, as well as assist on other audio needs.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Creating sound effects, by utilizing studio/foley recordings, synthesis techniques and using pre-recorded in-house and commercial material
- Integrating assets into Wwise middleware and Snowdrop as well as making sure they work as intended in game
- Occasionally mixing and managing dialogue assets
- Keeping sound design documentation up-to-date for programmers, producers and other designers
- Communicating with the audio team as well as other game developers to make sure sound shares the creative vision of the project
- Setting high standards for game audio and educating rest of the development team when necessary
You as a person
Your craft is based on your specialized knowledge within game audio, all the way from foley to implementation in engine and Wwise. You enjoy staying up-to-date regarding development trends and naturally look for ways to improve. This strong foundation enables you to work autonomously on tasks and independently move your work forward – both with and without clear guidelines. Innovating and coming up with creative solutions is second nature to you; you enjoy the thrill of getting an idea and following it through to completion – of course with a focus on an iterative feedback process with your team. Supporting and growing from the many different disciplines is a key driver for you when aiming to push the limits on what’s possible within game audio, and you easily relay your findings, ideas etc. to your team.
- 4+ years of professional sound design experience in the video game industry
- At least one previously published AAA title credited
- Experience with audio recording, processing and mixing
- Proficient with modern day audio software (Pro-Tools, Reaper, Cubase, high-end vst plugins), as well as professional outboard gear
- Proficient and independent Wwise user
- Experience creating and mixing surround content
- Field recording experience is a bonus
- Understanding of the technical audio constraints regarding audio implementation, on current console platforms & PC and therefore the ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 615 people from 47 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are pleased to present you the official trailer of “Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw” spiced up with ...Read more→
From time to time we share “Feedback from the BOOM Library family” on our blog. Today we are happy ...Read more→
We are pleased to present you the official trailer of “Fast and Furious 9” spiced up with some BOOM ...Read more→