Codemasters have a position open for an Audio Designer to join their team in Cheshire. Sounds good?
“At Codemasters, our mission is to be the world’s leading racing games developer. Over the past 30 years we have consistently created innovative and successful award winning racing games. As we are rapidly expanding, we need more great talent to join our family and help us deliver the best games and services to our fast growing community.
We are making an incredibly ambitious and exciting new racing IP in Cheshire and we are looking for a talented Audio Designer to help us break new ground with audio in racing games. Combining Codemasters heritage in racing and Evolutions Studios success with Driveclub and Motorstorm you will become an essential member of an experienced development team.
This is a new position. It’s an opportunity to make a big impact on our newest project and work alongside our high achieving and immensely passionate audio team.
The ideal candidate will have a highly creative approach to sound design as well as an exceptional ability to think technically. Collaborating with creative peers to deliver innovative audio with exceptional quality will be the key to succeeding in this role.” – Codemasters
- Creative and technical approach to sound design
- Ability to design and implement non-linear interactive audio
- Adept at creating high quality sfx to spec
- Proven skills in industry standard DAWs (Reaper, Nuendo)
- Knowledge of game audio systems such as Fmod/Wwise
- Field recording experience
- Audio related qualification or relevant experience
- A desire to constantly improve, seek out opportunities to learn and develop new skills in all things audio
- Experience recording/editing/implementing Vehicle Audio is a huge plus
- An interest in working with procedural audio systems such as max/MSP, Pd or Reaktor
- Proven ability implementing assets in Wwise/Fmod or other 3d audio systems
- Experience of development on console and PC platforms
- Dialogue editing experience
- Music editing skills (no music composition required in the role, but basic music editing skills are a bonus)
- Passionate and knowledgeable about audio
- Passionate about games
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good teamwork skills, a willingness to collaborate and put forward ideas to the team to help deliver a phenomenal audio and gaming experience
Apply now if you are interested in this opportunity: www.codemasters.com/careers/job-search