[JOB&CAREER] AUDIO DESIGNER (BLACKBIRD INTERACTIVE)
Published on Tuesday, 27 June 2017 08:00
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a creative Audio Designer to join their team in Vancouver, Canada. Interested?
"Blackbird Interactive is looking for a creative and talented audio designer to join our team. We are deeply passionate about audio, in every way. From sound effects, to speech, to music, we love how such a small piece of the overall work can have such a huge impact on the ability for our games to stir your soul.
The role we are seeking to fill is a lead position on a small team working on an immersive first-person sci-fi game. This person will work with the BBI audio director and project design lead to set the creative vision for the game, and then be responsible for all audio production work on the project, from sound design through to implementation.
Blackbird and its team of industry veterans are creating the first original Homeworld game in more than a decade. Building on the gameplay and technology they started developing long ago on HARDWARE: Shipbreakers, they are now working in collaboration with Gearbox software to create Homeworld: Shipbreakers, a thrilling prequel to the Homeworld saga." - Blackbird Interactive
- Sound design and implementation of project assets.
- Work with a small team to realize the audio vision of the game.
- Submitting final audio files on or before required deadlines.
- Working with audio director
- Tuning of interactive elements in regards to audio (such as XML files)
- Quality control review for the projects audio (pre-CQC) on all applicable platforms
- Inspire and support team members, accept personal responsibility for the project deliverables.
- Monitor deliverable progress, manage assigned scope and requested changes, meet commitments, follow up and be on time.
- At least two shipped products.
- Strong sound design and Unity implementation skills.
- Experience handling speech "end to end" on a video game project, including everything from ensuring all writing is taking place, working with a database to track files, recording & editing in English, plus working with external localization parties on submitting content for translation and dealing with recorded assets in other languages.
- Experience using Wwise.
- Completely comfortable with modern audio gear, software, and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW.
- Solid knowledge of PC and Mac hardware and software
- Strong communication skills
- Good creative and technical thinker
- Works well as part of a team
- Available for full time & on-site work in Vancouver, BC
- 5+ years of proven gameplay development; multiple shipped products, preferably FPS/TPS
- Interest in science fiction settings and stories
- Demonstrated passion for entertainment products / media (i.e. comics, movies, novels, etc.)
- Unity 3D: Knowledge of asset management and basic architecture for importing user created content; speech, sound effects, music.
- Competitive salary
- Vacation and sick day allowances
- Certain applicants may be eligible for Health and Dental, and/or stock options
- Other studio programs related to maintaining the health and well being of our staff
If you are interested, please click HERE to apply online.