[JOB&CAREER] AUDIO DESIGNER (SUPERMASSIVE GAMES)
Published on Monday, 13 February 2017 08:00
Happy to announce that Supermassive Games has an open position, full-time, inhouse in Guildford (UK). Sounds good?
"We are looking for an experienced and talented Sound Designer to join our accomplished in-house Audio team.
If you appreciate the importance of audio in delivering visceral engagement within a game, and also how subtle detail and emotionally-driven sound design can enhance a player’s immersion, then we’d very much like to hear from you.
Experience is essential for this position and the successful candidate will need to have broad sound design proficiency in all core audio disciplines, as well as strong technical skills to realise the audio direction in game.
The role suits a self-motivated, self-managing individual who exceeds in their field and has a desire for excellence. You’ll be aiming to stretch your own knowledge of game audio further and grow within the company as new opportunities arise." - Supermassive Games
- Own, plan and deliver to quality large areas of the project’s audio experience
- Concept, create and integrate, narrative enhancing, immersive sound design
- Work closely with the Audio Director to establish and further the audio direction
- Manage other team members or shoots when required
Key skills and experience:
- 5 years+ experience working in sound design / game sound, with one AAA game cycle
Film / linear post-production skills beneficialBroad sound design / creation in all audio areas evidenced in a showreel
Unreal Engine experience
Excellent proficiency with Audiokinetic’s Wwise
Expert knowledge of DAW and sample editor
Expert recording skills for sfx and foley, studio and external environments
Ability to manage the demands of numerous people and tasks
Other desirable skills and knowledge:
- Good understanding of music theory
- Understanding of simple coding techniques
The candidate should have:
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- A desire to learn and improve on their skillset
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative
If you are interested, please apply via this site: www.supermassivegames/audio-designer.com